The New Mexico Horse Breeders Association announced its 2009 state-bred champions at its annual awards banquet held at the Marriott Hotel in Albuquerque Jan. 28.
The Sunland Derby on March 28 will be graded for the first time in 2010. We caught up with Sunland Park publicity director Eric Alwan this week as he was preparing for the track's opening and asked him five questions.
Undefeated record-holder Peppers Pride saved her most dazzling effort of the year for her 19th and probably last race, surging past the leaders in the stretch run to win the $125,000 New Mexico State Racing Commission Handicap at Sunland Park Dec. 14.
In what is probably her final race, unbeaten Peppers Pride puts her modern North American record 18-race winning streak on the line in the $125,000 New Mexico State Racing Commission Handicap at Sunland Park Dec. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Maker Quartet Headlines Fair Grounds 'Cap
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Hong Kong Stars to Battle on Sunday at Sha Tin
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Look Back: Master Derby Wins Louisiana Derby