Madcap Escapade, a grade I winner whose first foal developed into a grade I winner, died June 2 of colic. She was owned by Bruce Lunsford and John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms.
Walklikeanegyptian, a 5-year-old Danehill mare, topped the Nov. 9 session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale when she sold to Arch Bloodstock for $220,000.
The first reported foal for grade I winner Forest Danger is a filly born Jan. 13 at Needham/Betz Thoroughbreds near Lexington.
Around the Cape, a New York graded course-record setter, will enter stud and Joe and Anne McMahon's McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds near Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Bruce Lunsford's millionaire Madcap Escapade, the brilliantly fast winner of the $500,000-added Princess Rooney Handicap (gr. II) in Calder Race Course's "Summit of Speed" in her most recent start, has been retired from racing after suffering a leg injury.
Grade I winner El Corredor has arrived at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farm near Lexington, where he will enter stud for a syndicate for $20,000 live foal.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- Emperors Palace 2YO Sale Set for August
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress