The first reported foal for RisenStorm Thoroughbreds stallion Swagger Jack, a grade I-winning son of Smart Strike, is a colt born Jan. 24 at Summer Hill Farm in Folsom, La.
History was made during the third session of the surging Keeneland November breeding stock sale in Lexington, which enjoyed big increases in gross, average price, and median for the third day in a row.
The Keeneland November breeding stock sale has two major attractions to tempt buyers, with the dispersals of well-bred horses owned by the late Edward P. "Ned" Evans and the late Prince Saud bin Khaled's Palides Investments.
- By Eric Mitchell
- Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky
Edward Evans was named the nation's top breeder for the second consecutive year, WinStar Farm was named the nation's top owner, and Rudy and Virginia Tarra were named the leading small breeder for 2010.
One of the biggest events of the 2011 Thoroughbred auction season will be the complete dispersal of stock owned by the late Edward P. 'Ned' Evans. Lane's End will consign the more than 200 horses.
The catalog for the Edward P. Evans Estate's complete dispersal is available online at Keeneland's website.
Most Popular Stories
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return