The initial necropsy report on Team Valor's Sailor's Cap, who died suddenly in his stall three days after winning the June 14 Poker Stakes (gr. IIIT), showed that he died of probable cardiac arrest caused by colitis-X.
Three days after his brilliant filly Eight Belles broke down in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), Rick Porter was still searching for answers. But they aren't easy to come by.
The long-awaited expansion of the University of Kentucky Livestock Disease Diagnostic Center, made possible through an $8.5-million appropriation from the Kentucky General Assembly this spring, is about to begin and could be completed in about two years, officials said.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Lea Tunes Up for Whitney in Workout
- World Approval, Night Prowler Seeking 'Fame'
- Haskin: Bronwen Healy's American Adventure
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut