The initial necropsy report on Team Valor's Sailor's Cap, who died suddenly in his stall three days after winning the June 14 Poker Stakes (gr. IIIT), showed that he died of probable cardiac arrest caused by colitis-X.
Three days after his brilliant filly Eight Belles broke down in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), Rick Porter was still searching for answers. But they aren't easy to come by.
The long-awaited expansion of the University of Kentucky Livestock Disease Diagnostic Center, made possible through an $8.5-million appropriation from the Kentucky General Assembly this spring, is about to begin and could be completed in about two years, officials said.
Most Popular Stories
- Road to the Kentucky Derby Schedule Announced
- Plesa Hoping to Get Lucky in Woodward
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Kentucky Downs Adds 16 Stable Cameras
- Second Purse Hike at Ohio's ThistleDown
- TOBA August Member of the Month
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses
- Limitations and Advances in Lameness Assessment
- Travers Upset: V. E. Day Over Wicked Strong