The initial necropsy report on Team Valor's Sailor's Cap, who died suddenly in his stall three days after winning the June 14 Poker Stakes (gr. IIIT), showed that he died of probable cardiac arrest caused by colitis-X.
Three days after his brilliant filly Eight Belles broke down in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), Rick Porter was still searching for answers. But they aren't easy to come by.
The long-awaited expansion of the University of Kentucky Livestock Disease Diagnostic Center, made possible through an $8.5-million appropriation from the Kentucky General Assembly this spring, is about to begin and could be completed in about two years, officials said.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House