The initial necropsy report on Team Valor's Sailor's Cap, who died suddenly in his stall three days after winning the June 14 Poker Stakes (gr. IIIT), showed that he died of probable cardiac arrest caused by colitis-X.
Three days after his brilliant filly Eight Belles broke down in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), Rick Porter was still searching for answers. But they aren't easy to come by.
The long-awaited expansion of the University of Kentucky Livestock Disease Diagnostic Center, made possible through an $8.5-million appropriation from the Kentucky General Assembly this spring, is about to begin and could be completed in about two years, officials said.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned