The New York Racing Association Feb. 27 hired a firm to conduct a search for a new chief executive officer and formed a task force to develop a long-range plan for the organization.
Following the fourth catastrophic injury at Aqueduct during the current meet, the New York State Racing Board has ordered necropsies for all horses that are fatally injured while racing over the inner dirt track.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority, currently studying its controversial helmet rule for jockeys, indicated May 17 it doesn't expect to have a resolution anytime soon.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released