Graded stakes winners St Averil and Gators N Bears will enter stud in 2006 at Maryland Stallion Station (Don Litz, president) near Glyndon, Md.
Graded stakes winner Gators N Bears seeks redemption for his only loss at Monmouth Park in the $100,000 Friendly Lover Handicap Saturday, part of the New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival.
Trainer Leo Nechamkin says that win or lose, he'll be getting an early Christmas gift when his Gators N Bears competes in Sunday's $100,000-added Gravesend Handicap (gr. III), the final graded stakes race in New York in 2004.
Laurel Park's Sunday feature, the $75,000 Endless Surprise Stakes, was canceled when only two horses were entered to face local sprinting star Gators N Bears.
New York shipper Well Fancied led every step of the way and held off some late challengers as he went on to win the $200,000 grade II General George Handicap at Laurel Park on Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Familiar Four-Furlong Breeze for Weep No More