Graded stakes winners St Averil and Gators N Bears will enter stud in 2006 at Maryland Stallion Station (Don Litz, president) near Glyndon, Md.
Graded stakes winner Gators N Bears seeks redemption for his only loss at Monmouth Park in the $100,000 Friendly Lover Handicap Saturday, part of the New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival.
Trainer Leo Nechamkin says that win or lose, he'll be getting an early Christmas gift when his Gators N Bears competes in Sunday's $100,000-added Gravesend Handicap (gr. III), the final graded stakes race in New York in 2004.
Laurel Park's Sunday feature, the $75,000 Endless Surprise Stakes, was canceled when only two horses were entered to face local sprinting star Gators N Bears.
New York shipper Well Fancied led every step of the way and held off some late challengers as he went on to win the $200,000 grade II General George Handicap at Laurel Park on Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field