The Filly & Mare Turf is the youngest of the Breeders' Cup races with just five runnings to date.
The International Racing Bureau informed Lone Star Park officials that the main charter shipment for horses competing in the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships has been provisionally booked to arrive in Dallas on Monday, Oct. 25.
Attraction, the only filly to complete the English-Irish One Thousand Guineas sweep, led every step of the way in defeating a quality field in the Kingdom of Bahrain Sun Chariot Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Saturday.
The dual One Thousand Guineas heroine Attraction will face four rivals when she bids to regain winnning form in the Kingdom of Bahrain Sun Chariot Stakes (Eng-I) over Newmarket's Rowley Mile Saturday.
European horsemen, like the vast majority of Americans, will be Texas strangers this year, as the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships comes to Lone Star Park for the first time. The question is, will they be willing to journey into the unknown to run at a track that has never hosted a grade I stakes? Preliminary indications say yes.
Unheralded Marbye finished the best of several runners in the closing stages to register a half-length victory in the Prix d'Astarte (Fr-I) for fillies and mares at Deauville Sunday.
Nebraska Tornado became a potential star for trainer Andre Fabre after his 3-year-old filly, ridden by Richard Hughes, defeated a powerful field in Sunday's $337,020 Netjets Prix du Moulin de Longchamp (Fr-I).
Less than 24 hours after Juddmonte Farm's homebred Empire Maker won the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), owner Khalid Abdullah scored another classic double when homebred Nebraska Tornado won the Prix de Diane (Fr-I, French Oaks).
Most Popular Stories
- Take Charge Brandi Set for Martha Washington
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- First Reported Foal for Point of Entry
- Xpressbet Offers 'X-Country Pick 4' Feb. 7
- No Movement on Plans for Calder Barn Area
- Downey Profile: 10 U.S. Noms to UAE Derby
- First Reported Foal for Rattlesnake Bridge
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Australian Vets Support New Racing Rule on Cobalt
- Through the Lens: Wise Dan Photo Gets Award