Nasrullah and his son, Bold Ruler, dominated the sire list for nearly 20 years
A son of the brilliant Italian champion Nearco, Nasrullah was one of a cluster of important sires from his immediate family.
by John P. Sparkman
England's all-time great racehorse faces some restricted options as a sire.
INSIDE PEDIGREES, by Les Brinsfield
The concept reduces genetic variance and increases odds of predictability.
By Martin Stiles -- Improving the breed would be well served by establishing and maintaining a purse structure that disproportionately rewards the winners of the very best races (grade I), and forbids race-day medication in those races. I think Federico Tesio would approve.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Slimmed Down Racing May Be Finding Its Footing