A son of the brilliant Italian champion Nearco, Nasrullah was one of a cluster of important sires from his immediate family.
by John P. Sparkman
England's all-time great racehorse faces some restricted options as a sire.
INSIDE PEDIGREES, by Les Brinsfield
The concept reduces genetic variance and increases odds of predictability.
By Martin Stiles -- Improving the breed would be well served by establishing and maintaining a purse structure that disproportionately rewards the winners of the very best races (grade I), and forbids race-day medication in those races. I think Federico Tesio would approve.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs