Chic, ridden by Kieren Fallon, came from last to overtake hard-luck Nayyir and claim Saturday's Celebration Mile (Eng-II) over a very soft course at Goodwood.
Soviet Song, the only filly in the 11-horse field, held off a late charge from Nayyir to win Wednesday's Cantor Odds Sussex Stakes (Eng-I) at Goodwood Racecourse.
On paper it looked the race of the night and the Dubai Duty Free (UAE-I) at 1 1/8 miles over the Nad Al Sheba grass track certainly lived up to that billing. At the end, German raider Paolini and Right Approach flashed past the post together, and the race declared a dead heat, the first in World Cup history.
Dropped out of the running early, Porlezza and Christophe Soumillon ran down the field to win the 6 1/2-furlong Prix Maurice de Gheest (Fr-I) at Deauville going away on Sunday.
Goodwood's five-day meet is only two weeks away, so potential runners for the nine group races, including the group I Sussex Stakes and Vodafone Nassau Stakes, are nearing their final preparations. Among the group winners expected to race at Goodwood are Nayyir, Islington, Casual Look, Russian Rhythm,
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity