Virginia-bred Navesink, a close-up fifth in the Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) when last out, earned his second career graded stakes win in Sunday's $200,000 Jamaica Handicap (gr. IIIT) on yielding turf at Belmont Park.
Startac came from far back to nip Strut the Stage in a photo finish Saturday to win the $400,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) by a nose at Arlington Park.
Anstu Stables' Irving's Baby lands the rich Delaware Handicap.
Jayeff B Stables' Navesink rebounded from his lone career defeat to win Sunday's $249,000 Kent Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Delaware Park. Earlier on the card, John's Call began his 10-year-old campaign the same way he started his 2000 season, with a victory in the $69,100 Cape Henlopen Overnight Handicap.
Proud Man earned his fourth grade III stakes win of the year Saturday, inching to the lead late in the stretch to win the $114,600 Hill Prince Stakes by a neck at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Four-Day OBS Spring Sale Kicks Off April 21
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Untapable Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas