Virginia-bred Navesink, a close-up fifth in the Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) when last out, earned his second career graded stakes win in Sunday's $200,000 Jamaica Handicap (gr. IIIT) on yielding turf at Belmont Park.
Startac came from far back to nip Strut the Stage in a photo finish Saturday to win the $400,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) by a nose at Arlington Park.
Anstu Stables' Irving's Baby lands the rich Delaware Handicap.
Jayeff B Stables' Navesink rebounded from his lone career defeat to win Sunday's $249,000 Kent Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Delaware Park. Earlier on the card, John's Call began his 10-year-old campaign the same way he started his 2000 season, with a victory in the $69,100 Cape Henlopen Overnight Handicap.
Proud Man earned his fourth grade III stakes win of the year Saturday, inching to the lead late in the stretch to win the $114,600 Hill Prince Stakes by a neck at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million