The presence of Juddmonte Farms' grade I winner Intercontinental scared off half the rivals entered for Sunday's $200,000 Royal Heroine (gr. IIIT) and the 3-5 favorite showed the other half why, registering an easy victory on the Hollywood Park turf.
Ticker Tape, winner of the 2004 American Oaks (gr. IT), will be reunited with jockey Kent Desormeaux Sunday when facing eight other fillies and mares in the $200,000 Royal Heroine (gr. IIIT) at one mile on the Hollywood Park turf.
Defending champion Katdogawn can become the only two-time winner of the $150,000 Dahlia Handicap (gr. IIT) Monday when 10 fillies and mares vie on the grass on closing day of Hollywood Park's autumn meet.
If Good Student is next in a long line of South American imports to find U.S. success for trainer Ron McAnally, the 4-year-old Argentine-bred filly needs to progress when she runs in the closing day $150,000 Las Palmas Handicap (gr. IIT) at Oak Tree at Santa Anita Park.
A field of 10 fillies and mares will contest the Sen. Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) that highlights Wednesday's opening card for the Oak Tree at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Digs In for Final BC Breeze
- Busy Day of Breeders' Cup Works Oct. 25
- Speed Horses Hold Key to BC Classic
- Ouzts Takes Santa Anita Off 'Bucket List'
- Grand Arch 'Ready to Go' for BC Mile
- Fed Biz in Quick Work for BC Dirt Mile
- Breeders' Cup Modifies Convicted Trainer Rule
- BC 2014: Alan Sherman: California Chrome Work
- Rich Tapestry, Big Macher in Sprint Works
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort