If there was any hope for Citronnade's four opponents in $150,000 Beverly Hills Handicap (gr. IIT) on the turf at Hollywood Park, it was that the Bobby Frankel trained filly had never run as far as Sunday's 1 1/4-mile distance. It hardly mattered when the smooth striding bay dominated every step of the way to win by 2 1/2 lengths.
Trainer Bobby Frankel has entered a formidable duo of Citronnade and Naughty Rafaela in Sunday's $150,000 Beverly Hills Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares over 10 furlongs on the Lakeside Turf Course at Hollywood Park.
T N T Stud's Brazilian homebred Naughty Rafaela picked up her first graded win in the United States, wearing down the pacesetting Sweet Belle in the final furlong and going on to win the Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIT) by one length Saturday on the Santa Anita turf.
French-bred mare Live Life returns to action Saturday when she will carry high weight of 116 pounds in the $200,000 Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIT) for older fillies and mares at 10 furlongs on the Santa Anita turf, a race that in recent seasons was dominated by Megahertz.
Most Popular Stories
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana