Adam Staple and Jalin Stable's Page McKenney broke the million-dollar mark in career earnings with an impressive victory in the $75,000 Native Dancer Stakes Jan. 2 at Laurel Park.
Mrs. Frank P. Wright's homebred Lady Sebelia added a fourth stakes win to her record in taking the What a Summer, one of four $100,000 events on the Jan. 3 card at Laurel Park.
PTK's Cerro will look to keep his perfect record at Laurel Park intact in the $100,000 Native Dancer Stakes, one of four stakes on the Jan. 3 program at the Maryland racetrack.
Trainer Mike Trombetta had a very good afternoon at Laurel Park Jan. 25, winning the $100,000 Miracle Wood Stakes with Extrasexyhippzster then coming right back to take the $100,000 Native Dancer Stakes with Bold Curlin.
Kevin Plank's Sagamore Racing announced it will sponsor the $125,000 Native Dancer Stakes Jan. 21 at Laurel Park.
Judiths Wild Rush was elevated to victory in the $62,200 Native Dancer Stakes at Laurel Park Saturday after finishing second by a nose to Your Bluffing, who was disqualified.
Tartlet and Easy Red, one-two finishers in the Jennings Handicap last month, are set for a rematch in Saturday's $100,000 Native Dancer Stakes at Laurel Park.
- By Tom Keyser
The decision by Laurel Park jockeys not to ride yesterday [Jan. 10], forcing cancellation of the nine-race card, incensed track managers who denounced the move and said racing should have taken place.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- KHRC, Churchill Outline Testing, Security
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Arlington, Illinois THA Ink Two-Year Contract
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Familiar Four-Furlong Breeze for Weep No More
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider