The first foal for stakes winner The Hunk was born Jan. 19 at Broughton Farm in Midland, Texas, owners Jerry and Misti Broughton reported Jan. 27.
Native Annie, a Texas homebred champion for Robert and Janice McNair's Stonerside Stable, has been retired from racing with a record of eight wins from 16 starts and earnings of $336,492.
Leaving On My Mind, a four-time stakes winner for breeder/owner George Wolff of Boerne, Texas, will be honored as the 2004 Texas Horse of the Year and champion 2-year-old colt/gelding by the Texas Thoroughbred Association.
Padua Stables' Class Above made her return to Turfway Park a successful one Saturday, handily winning the $150,000 Boubonette Breeders' Cup for 3-year-old fillies.
Robert McNair's Native Annie and Frank Fletcher's There Goes Rocket won divisions of the $125,000 Texas Stallion Stakes for 2-year-olds to close out the 2003 season at Sam Houston Race Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale