The Horse Racing Radio Network will provide live coverage of the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame induction ceremony at 10:30 a.m. (EDT) Friday, Aug. 8. It will also be broadcast by HRTV on tape delay basis.
Veteran jockey Perry Ouzts, 58, passed Hall of Famer John Longden on the all-time leading riders' list when he rode two winners at Turfway Park Nov. 29.
Trainer Roger Attfield, who will be be inducted into the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame this year, was the guest on the latest edition of BloodHorse.com's popular Talkin' Horses podcast July 17. Listen Now!
Three Thoroughbred stars from the 19th century--racehorse Duke of Magenta, jockey Shelby "Pike" Barnes, and trainer Matthew Byrnes--have been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees