The Horse Racing Radio Network will provide live coverage of the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame induction ceremony at 10:30 a.m. (EDT) Friday, Aug. 8. It will also be broadcast by HRTV on tape delay basis.
Veteran jockey Perry Ouzts, 58, passed Hall of Famer John Longden on the all-time leading riders' list when he rode two winners at Turfway Park Nov. 29.
Trainer Roger Attfield, who will be be inducted into the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame this year, was the guest on the latest edition of BloodHorse.com's popular Talkin' Horses podcast July 17. Listen Now!
Three Thoroughbred stars from the 19th century--racehorse Duke of Magenta, jockey Shelby "Pike" Barnes, and trainer Matthew Byrnes--have been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
Nineteenth century Belmont Stakes winner Harry Bassett, trainer Michael Ernest "Buster" Millerick, and jockey Don Pierce have been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
Most Popular Stories
- First Reported Foal for Rattlesnake Bridge
- Through the Lens: Wise Dan Photo Gets Award
- Australian Vets Support New Racing Rule on Cobalt
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Subjective vs. Objective Lameness Identification Methods
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015