The Horse Racing Radio Network will provide live coverage of the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame induction ceremony at 10:30 a.m. (EDT) Friday, Aug. 8. It will also be broadcast by HRTV on tape delay basis.
Veteran jockey Perry Ouzts, 58, passed Hall of Famer John Longden on the all-time leading riders' list when he rode two winners at Turfway Park Nov. 29.
Trainer Roger Attfield, who will be be inducted into the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame this year, was the guest on the latest edition of BloodHorse.com's popular Talkin' Horses podcast July 17. Listen Now!
Three Thoroughbred stars from the 19th century--racehorse Duke of Magenta, jockey Shelby "Pike" Barnes, and trainer Matthew Byrnes--have been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
Nineteenth century Belmont Stakes winner Harry Bassett, trainer Michael Ernest "Buster" Millerick, and jockey Don Pierce have been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Filly First Winner for Line of David