The American Graded Stakes Committee decided Saratoga's off-the-turf National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame Stakes will retain a grade III status for 2013.
Since March, 3-year-old turf standouts Rydilluc and Charming Kitten have been on parallel schedules, clashing four times. On Aug. 9 they will meet again in the Hall of Fame Stakes (gr. IIT) at Saratoga.
Bill Mott, a Hall of Fame trainer in his own right, goes after his sixth win in the $150,000 National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame Stakes (gr. IIT) at Saratoga Aug. 4 with morning-line favorite Adriano.
Unbeaten After Market, showing some greenness while making his stakes debut in his third start, collared Carnera in mid-stretch Sunday and went on to victory in the $107,400 Lexington (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds at nine furlongs on Belmont Park's firm inner turf course.
Thoroughbred racing will honor trainer Nick Zito and three others when the class of 2005 is inducted into the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame on Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity