Retired riders Eddie Maple and Randy Romero, plus Mike Smith, rider of 2002 Horse of the Year Azeri, have been nominated to the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame. The results will be announced during Kentucky Derby Week, on April 29, at Churchill Downs. Hall of Fame induction ceremonies are scheduled for Aug. 4, at the Fasig-Tipton Sale Pavilion in Saratoga Springs, New York.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin