Members of the U.S. House of Representatives are calling on the National Labor Relations Board and the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health to take action to protect jockeys, exercise riders, and others who work with racehorses.
A claim filed by jockey Shane Sellers with the National Labor Relations Board in connection with his removal from Churchill Downs Nov. 7 has been withdrawn, an NLRB official confirmed Dec. 2.
According to information provided on The Jockeys' Guild Web site, jockey Shane Sellers has filed a claim with the National Labor Relations Board stemming from his ejection from Churchill Downs Sunday, Nov. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Euro Exchange Tops Finale at OBS Winter Sale
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Majestic Affair, Lindisfarne Win at Laurel
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Soumillon Scores Group II Double at Meydan
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- New Zealand Yearling Sale Continues Strong