Members of the U.S. House of Representatives are calling on the National Labor Relations Board and the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health to take action to protect jockeys, exercise riders, and others who work with racehorses.
A claim filed by jockey Shane Sellers with the National Labor Relations Board in connection with his removal from Churchill Downs Nov. 7 has been withdrawn, an NLRB official confirmed Dec. 2.
According to information provided on The Jockeys' Guild Web site, jockey Shane Sellers has filed a claim with the National Labor Relations Board stemming from his ejection from Churchill Downs Sunday, Nov. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Honor Code: A.P. Indy's Last Derby Hope
- After Market Purchased to Stand in Turkey
- Turfway to Increase Stakes, Allowance Purses
- Moment of the Year Voting Now Open
- Novak at the Track: Road to Derby Retrospect
- Barretts January Sale Catalog Now Online
- TimeformUS: Saturday Plays
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana