Members of the U.S. House of Representatives are calling on the National Labor Relations Board and the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health to take action to protect jockeys, exercise riders, and others who work with racehorses.
A claim filed by jockey Shane Sellers with the National Labor Relations Board in connection with his removal from Churchill Downs Nov. 7 has been withdrawn, an NLRB official confirmed Dec. 2.
According to information provided on The Jockeys' Guild Web site, jockey Shane Sellers has filed a claim with the National Labor Relations Board stemming from his ejection from Churchill Downs Sunday, Nov. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Live Saratoga Weekend Coverage from HRRN
- Filly is First Winner for Justenuffhumor
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015