Members of the U.S. House of Representatives are calling on the National Labor Relations Board and the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health to take action to protect jockeys, exercise riders, and others who work with racehorses.
A claim filed by jockey Shane Sellers with the National Labor Relations Board in connection with his removal from Churchill Downs Nov. 7 has been withdrawn, an NLRB official confirmed Dec. 2.
According to information provided on The Jockeys' Guild Web site, jockey Shane Sellers has filed a claim with the National Labor Relations Board stemming from his ejection from Churchill Downs Sunday, Nov. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Keen Ice Improved Since Belmont Stakes Run
- Maternal Influences Make a Difference
- BC Simulcasts in Hong Kong Not Likely in 2015
- Haskell: Jimmy Barnes on American Pharoah
- Legatissimo Strikes for Stylish Nassau Win
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Wild One, Futura Win on Big Day at Greyville
- Tracks Across Country Mark PDJF Day