Cheltenham Racecourse announced Wednesday that prize money for the 2003/2004 season, starting at the end of October, will rise by 5% compared to last season.
Britain's Cheltenham Racecourse announced Friday that discussions were taking place between course officials and "all interested parties regarding the availability of dates for the rescheduled National Hunt Festival." Cheltenham further requested ticket holders to retain their tickets until the Festival dates are announced, at which time "they will then have the option of attending on the same day of the week or applying for a full refund."
Cheltenham Racecourse on Wednesday expressed "intense disappointment" over the postponement of next week's National Hunt Festival, which was due to start on Tuesday, March 13. The 2001 Festival will now take place either in the week of April 16th or the following week. An announcement about the exact dates will be made as soon as possible.
The threat of Foot-and-Mouth Disease spreading has increased inspections on incoming flights from Britain to ensure no infested meat products spark the disease in other countries.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog