Marilyn Ketts, daughter of owner/breeder Albert Smith, remembers steeplechaser Tuscalee, 1996 champion and winner of 37 races who will be inducted into the National Museum of Racing & Hall of Fame Aug. 9.
Randleston Farm's Top Of The Bill accelerated over the final two fences to catch rival The Next Man in the stretch and win Saturday's $75,000 Mellon Bank National Hunt Cup (NSA-II) at the Radnor Hunt Races.
EMO Stable's Racey Dreamer wired a talented field including Sur La Tete to win Saturday's $100,000 Mellon National Hunt Cup (NSA-I), second leg of the Steeplechase Triple Crown, at the Radnor Hunt Races in Malvern, Pa.
Unlike the hundreds of Thoroughbreds nominated to the Visa Triple Crown Challenge, chances for a steeplechase Triple Crown winner are much better, with only 11 horses nominated to the first leg, the two-mile Georgia Cup (NSA-I).
Jennifer Majette will send Al Skywalker to England's famed Cheltenham Racecourse for the Dec. 14 Victor Chandler Bula Hurdle.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Storm and a Half to Stand in Iowa
- Unbeaten Taghrooda Heads Yorkshire Oaks
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record
- Consignors Provide Keeneland Showing Schedule
- Haskin's Top Sprinters of the Last 50 Years
- New Mexico Owner/Breeder Danley Dies