Marilyn Ketts, daughter of owner/breeder Albert Smith, remembers steeplechaser Tuscalee, 1996 champion and winner of 37 races who will be inducted into the National Museum of Racing & Hall of Fame Aug. 9.
Randleston Farm's Top Of The Bill accelerated over the final two fences to catch rival The Next Man in the stretch and win Saturday's $75,000 Mellon Bank National Hunt Cup (NSA-II) at the Radnor Hunt Races.
EMO Stable's Racey Dreamer wired a talented field including Sur La Tete to win Saturday's $100,000 Mellon National Hunt Cup (NSA-I), second leg of the Steeplechase Triple Crown, at the Radnor Hunt Races in Malvern, Pa.
Unlike the hundreds of Thoroughbreds nominated to the Visa Triple Crown Challenge, chances for a steeplechase Triple Crown winner are much better, with only 11 horses nominated to the first leg, the two-mile Georgia Cup (NSA-I).
Jennifer Majette will send Al Skywalker to England's famed Cheltenham Racecourse for the Dec. 14 Victor Chandler Bula Hurdle.
Most Popular Stories
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- CHRB Medication Rule Modifications for 2017
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet