John Nicholson, executive director of the Kentucky Horse Park since June 1, 1997, announced his retirement effective April 30.
The National Horse Center, which is a collection of two dozen national and regional equine organizations located at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Ky., together with the park are sending out a plea for items to help the horses and horsemen who are victims of Hurricane Katrina.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses