John Nicholson, executive director of the Kentucky Horse Park since June 1, 1997, announced his retirement effective April 30.
The National Horse Center, which is a collection of two dozen national and regional equine organizations located at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Ky., together with the park are sending out a plea for items to help the horses and horsemen who are victims of Hurricane Katrina.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Smith Has Calming Influence on Tom's Tribute
- BC, NBC Extend Media Rights Deal 10 Years
- Lameness Knocks Magician Out of BC Turf
- Silver Charm Pensioned, Returning to Kentucky
- Free as a Bird Refuses to Fly, Out of Cup
- Zenyatta: Champion Mother
- Jury Fails to Reach Verdict in Mare Case
- American Pharoah Out of BC Juvenile
- Hopes of Calderon, Peru with Valiant Emilia