Paul Matties of upstate New York held off Roger Cettina of New Jersey to capture three-day, $2.77 million NHC at Treasure Island Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. Duke Matties finished fourth.
The Santa Anita Autumn Handicapping Challenge, featuring $100,000 in prize money, will be offered during the second weekend of the upcoming autumn meet Oct. 4-5, the track announced.
Jim Benes topped a field of 455 to win the $750,000 first-place prize and an Eclipse Award as Handicapper of the Year.
A record field of 302 horseplayers who will gather at Red Rock Casino on Jan. 29-30 to vie for horse racing's official title of "Handicapper of the Year" and a first-place prize of $500,000
Richard Goodall, a 64-year-old retired attorney from Las Vegas, defeated 276 Thoroughbred racing handicappers by a record margin to capture the ninth Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship at the Red Rock Casino, Resort & Spa in Las Vegas Jan. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet