Paul Matties of upstate New York held off Roger Cettina of New Jersey to capture three-day, $2.77 million NHC at Treasure Island Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. Duke Matties finished fourth.
The Santa Anita Autumn Handicapping Challenge, featuring $100,000 in prize money, will be offered during the second weekend of the upcoming autumn meet Oct. 4-5, the track announced.
Jim Benes topped a field of 455 to win the $750,000 first-place prize and an Eclipse Award as Handicapper of the Year.
A record field of 302 horseplayers who will gather at Red Rock Casino on Jan. 29-30 to vie for horse racing's official title of "Handicapper of the Year" and a first-place prize of $500,000
Richard Goodall, a 64-year-old retired attorney from Las Vegas, defeated 276 Thoroughbred racing handicappers by a record margin to capture the ninth Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship at the Red Rock Casino, Resort & Spa in Las Vegas Jan. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Melmich Victorious in Dominion Day
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Jones Among Five for 2016 Texas HOF Class