Paul Matties of upstate New York held off Roger Cettina of New Jersey to capture three-day, $2.77 million NHC at Treasure Island Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. Duke Matties finished fourth.
The Santa Anita Autumn Handicapping Challenge, featuring $100,000 in prize money, will be offered during the second weekend of the upcoming autumn meet Oct. 4-5, the track announced.
Jim Benes topped a field of 455 to win the $750,000 first-place prize and an Eclipse Award as Handicapper of the Year.
A record field of 302 horseplayers who will gather at Red Rock Casino on Jan. 29-30 to vie for horse racing's official title of "Handicapper of the Year" and a first-place prize of $500,000
Richard Goodall, a 64-year-old retired attorney from Las Vegas, defeated 276 Thoroughbred racing handicappers by a record margin to capture the ninth Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship at the Red Rock Casino, Resort & Spa in Las Vegas Jan. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt