Dr. John Ferraro, a 65-year-old oncologist from Clifton Park, N.Y., won a fractional interest in a 2-year-old racing prospect syndicated and managed by Sovereign Stable in a prize drawing held July 17.
When top tournament handicappers gather for the National Handicapping Championship finals in January 2014, they will encounter a new format that will add a third day of competition.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced that registration for the newly-created National Handicapping Championship Tour, a year-long bonus series offering additional prize money and qualifying berths to the Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship, will open Feb. 15 at www.ntra.com/nhctour.
Most Popular Stories
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity