The National Association of 2-Year-Old Consignors (NATC) has backed off its effort, for now, to reduce the number of under tack shows at major juvenile auctions from two to one.
Buyers are "overwhelmingly" in favor of having only one under tack show prior to juvenile auctions, based on a survey conducted recently by the National Association of 2-Year-Old Consignors (NATC).
Sellers want to reduce the number of under tack shows prior to juvenile auctions, based on a survey conducted by the National Association of 2-Year-Old Consignors.
The National Association of 2-Year-Old Consignors (NATC) has sent a survey to more than 300 juvenile sellers in an effort to determine if there is support for a change in format for under tack shows.
The National Association of 2-Year-Old Consignors (NATC) is considering a push to change the format for under tack shows at juvenile auctions.
The inaugural running of two restricted stakes created to promote horses sold through 2-year-old in training sales was so successful that next year's purses will increase 50%.
In an attempt to attract more buyers to juvenile auctions, the National Association of 2-Year-Old Consignors will sponsor a pair of restricted stakes at Delaware Park this year. The NATC Futurity will have two divisions, one for colts and geldings and one for fillies. Both will be run at six furlongs on Labor Day weekend, and both will have a purse of $100,000 guaranteed. The value of each race is expected to exceed $200,000.The divisions will be open to any 2-year-old consigned by an NATC member who also is a contributor to the organization's advertising fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment