The National Association of 2-Year-Old Consignors (NATC) has backed off its effort, for now, to reduce the number of under tack shows at major juvenile auctions from two to one.
Buyers are "overwhelmingly" in favor of having only one under tack show prior to juvenile auctions, based on a survey conducted recently by the National Association of 2-Year-Old Consignors (NATC).
Sellers want to reduce the number of under tack shows prior to juvenile auctions, based on a survey conducted by the National Association of 2-Year-Old Consignors.
The National Association of 2-Year-Old Consignors (NATC) has sent a survey to more than 300 juvenile sellers in an effort to determine if there is support for a change in format for under tack shows.
The National Association of 2-Year-Old Consignors (NATC) is considering a push to change the format for under tack shows at juvenile auctions.
The inaugural running of two restricted stakes created to promote horses sold through 2-year-old in training sales was so successful that next year's purses will increase 50%.
In an attempt to attract more buyers to juvenile auctions, the National Association of 2-Year-Old Consignors will sponsor a pair of restricted stakes at Delaware Park this year. The NATC Futurity will have two divisions, one for colts and geldings and one for fillies. Both will be run at six furlongs on Labor Day weekend, and both will have a purse of $100,000 guaranteed. The value of each race is expected to exceed $200,000.The divisions will be open to any 2-year-old consigned by an NATC member who also is a contributor to the organization's advertising fund.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability
- Researchers Study Near-, Farsightedness in Horses
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25