The report is the third equine study since 1998 conducted by NAHMS. It focuses on horses at farms and ranches, breeding farms, boarding and training stables, and riding stables.
The USDA's National Animal Health Monitoring System (NAHMS) released the first report from its Equine 2015 study, Baseline Reference of Equine Health and Management in the United States, 2015.
The United States Department of Agriculture National Animal Health Monitoring System will launch a new equine health study in May, the American Horse Council said April. 6.
The American Horse Council is asking its member organizations, their members, and the entire horse community to help in the drafting of the 2015 National Animal Health Monitoring System Equine Study.
Most Popular Stories
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Canadian Horse Racing Plans Anniversary 250 Celebration
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Local Hero, Guest Suite Top Risen Star Selections
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work