The report is the third equine study since 1998 conducted by NAHMS. It focuses on horses at farms and ranches, breeding farms, boarding and training stables, and riding stables.
The USDA's National Animal Health Monitoring System (NAHMS) released the first report from its Equine 2015 study, Baseline Reference of Equine Health and Management in the United States, 2015.
The United States Department of Agriculture National Animal Health Monitoring System will launch a new equine health study in May, the American Horse Council said April. 6.
The American Horse Council is asking its member organizations, their members, and the entire horse community to help in the drafting of the 2015 National Animal Health Monitoring System Equine Study.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000
- OBS April First Session Soars
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo