The Breeders' Cup and Television Games Network announced a renewal of TVG's sponsorship of the Breeders' Cup World Championships. For this year's event, the horse racing network and premier account wagering company will be the title sponsor of the $1 million Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile.
TVG said July 26 it will televise the Old National Bank Claiming Crown, to be held Aug. 4 at Ellis Park in Henderson, Ky., and will accept all wagers on the event on a non-profit basis.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- One of the interesting things about Thoroughbred racing is the penchant so many people have of knocking something into oblivion, and later complaining about the fact it's gone. Take TVG, for example.
Horseracing fans seeking kinship with fellow followers of the Sport of Kings can now find it via Myspace.com/tvgnetwork.
- By Jack Shinar
A longstanding dispute between California horsemen and the account deposit wagering provider TVG over what the television network may charge for its service remained unresolved Sept. 20 after the state horse racing board heard more than two hours of discussion during a marathon commission meeting at Fairplex Park in Pomona.
The TVG Network, owned by Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc., announced Monday it has entered into a distribution agreement to deliver TVG's horse-racing programming as part of the AT&T U-verse TV channel lineup.
TVG, the interactive horseracing network, has announced an agreement with Evangeline Downs Racetrack and Casino for the exclusive television and interactive wagering rights for the live Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse meets conducted at the Opelousas, Louisiana track.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Klosterman’s Legacy Continues at Fasig-Tipton