Sheikh Mohammed's Kildangan Stud in Ireland has started legal action in Australia against billionaire coal tycoon and Thoroughbred owner Nathan Tinkler, whose empire looks to be collapsing.
The gross soars 59.6% while the average grows 17.9% and the median increases 19%.
Bel Mer sells for Aust$1,050,000 ($980,053 in U.S. funds), and Sun Classique brings Aust$2 million ($1,866,770) privately.
The group I-winning mare La Montagna topped the second session of the William Inglis & Son Easter broodmare sale, bringing Aust$475,000 (approximately $345,914 in U.S. funds) during the auction's second session April 15 in Australia.
Eight horses sold for Aust$100,000 (approximately $67,512 in U.S. funds) or more Feb. 9 during the second session of William Inglis & Son's Sydney Classic yearling sale in Australia. Through the first two sessions, the gross revenue is Aust$7,153,500 ($4,829,471) for the 250 horses sold. The average price, Aust$28,614 ($19,318), is down only 10% from a year ago. The median price is Aust$20,000 ($13,502).
A couple of buyers new to the European bloodstock scene helped Arqana's August yearling sale begin on a bright note in Deauville, France, Aug. 15.
In spite of the pouring rain that just would not stop, business on the brand new "Day 4" of the William Inglis & Son Easter yearling sale in Australia was better than most expected, with an average price of Aust$83,134 and a gross of Aust$9,643,000 for the 116 horses sold.
Redoute's Choice colt sells for Aust$1 million during second session.
A Redoute's Choice yearling colt brings seven-figure price in New Zealand.
Most Popular Stories
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Pure Romance to Sponsor Bourbonette Oaks
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays