Bloodhorse.com joins the longform revolution with this behind-the-scenes look at neonatal care. "A chilling rain fell when the mare was led to surgery...In the final moments between life and the unknown, all was well." Read more
Study finds 2-year-olds racing without race-day furosemide at 2013 Breeders' Cup World Championships at Santa Anita Park had fewer and less severe EIPH instances than juveniles who raced with the diuretic that weekend at SA.
Nearly one month since St Nicholas Abbey underwent major surgery to repair a life-threatening fracture of his right foreleg, Coolmore reported the multiple grade/group I winner is "the best he has been."
Multiple group/grade I winner St Nicholas Abbey remains in "good form" at Fethard Equine Hospital and recently had his fiberglass cast replaced, the latest update from owner Coolmore Stud said Aug. 9.
Multiple grade I winner St Nicholas Abbey "continues to progress along the right lines" after undergoing two major operations, owner Coolmore Stud said in an Aug. 1 update.
St Nicholas Abbey has made progress and was in good form July 27 following emergency colic surgery. The 6-year-old Montjeu horse had surgery July 24 for a fractured pastern and colicked two days later.
Most Popular Stories
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Better Lucky Shines; My Miss Aurelia Third
- Filly Untapable Works Toward Haskell
- Will Take Charge Works Toward Whitney
- Grade I Winner Heir Kitty Tops Del Mar Sale
- Kiss to Remember Steps Up in Indiana Grand
- Milestone Win 1,000 for Jockey Magrell
- Matz Says He Nearly Retired Somali Lemonade
- Favorite Tale, Choctaw Chuck Top Quick Call