Halo is still exerting an influence on four continents through just two sons.
The mile turf event is a Breeders' Cup Challenge "Win and You're In" race for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) Oct. 30 at Keeneland.
Natalma, the dam of Northern Dancer, and Jack McNiven, one of the leading breeders of Standardbreds in Canada, have been nominated for election into the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame. They were among the 15 nominees put forward by the Thoroughbred and Standardbred Nominating Committees.
National Thoroughbred Racing Association Commissioner and Breeders' Cup President D.G. Van Clief Jr. confirmed his family's 592-acre Nydrie Stud in Central Virginia is on the market for $8.75 million.
Arravale, a 2-year-old daughter of Arch, is now two for two after gliding to victory in the $152,638 Natalma Stakes (Can-III) Sunday at Woodbine.
By Joe Hickey -- Bonds made as classmates, teammates, roommates, shipmates, and soulmates often last a lifetime. And so, too, can bonds made among stablemates.
Saratoga Notebook: All Good With Silver Wagon; Decision Due on Trust n Luck; Big Pick 6 Closing; America America Update; Educating Birdstone; Champagne for Chapel Royal
After attending church in Saratoga Springs Sunday morning, trainer Ralph Ziadie visited Barn 30 to check on Silver Wagon the winner of the Hopeful (gr. I) on Saturday. "He came out good," Ziadie said. " Everything was good."
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double