Natalma, the dam of Northern Dancer, and Jack McNiven, one of the leading breeders of Standardbreds in Canada, have been nominated for election into the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame. They were among the 15 nominees put forward by the Thoroughbred and Standardbred Nominating Committees.
National Thoroughbred Racing Association Commissioner and Breeders' Cup President D.G. Van Clief Jr. confirmed his family's 592-acre Nydrie Stud in Central Virginia is on the market for $8.75 million.
Arravale, a 2-year-old daughter of Arch, is now two for two after gliding to victory in the $152,638 Natalma Stakes (Can-III) Sunday at Woodbine.
By Joe Hickey -- Bonds made as classmates, teammates, roommates, shipmates, and soulmates often last a lifetime. And so, too, can bonds made among stablemates.
Saratoga Notebook: All Good With Silver Wagon; Decision Due on Trust n Luck; Big Pick 6 Closing; America America Update; Educating Birdstone; Champagne for Chapel Royal
After attending church in Saratoga Springs Sunday morning, trainer Ralph Ziadie visited Barn 30 to check on Silver Wagon the winner of the Hopeful (gr. I) on Saturday. "He came out good," Ziadie said. " Everything was good."
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Interest Sold, May Race Again
- 'Chrome' Eyes BC Classic, Bayern Has Options
- Beholder Fires Bullet for Zenyatta Defense
- Guillot, Jerkens Like Chances in Gold Cup
- Shared Belief Works Toward Awesome Again
- Twirling Candy Colt Leads Tattersalls Sale
- Wise Dan Preps for Shadwell Turf Mile
- Believe You Can to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Suffolk Downs Adds Race Day for Tribute
- Fasig-Tipton Catalogs 1,236 for October Sale