Continuous wet weather combined with a turf course that needed a break before the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at Belmont Park on Oct. 29 could mean that Saturday's grade III, $100,000 Athenia Handicap scheduled for a 1 1/16 miles on turf may be run on the main track.
Emma-Jayne Wilson, Woodbine's leading rider, teams with a familiar partner, Classic Stamp, in the $336,000 Bell Canadian Stakes (Can-II), one of two undercard features on Sunday's Atto Mile (Can-I) program at the Toronto oval.
Glencrest Farm's odds-on favorite Honey Ryder pounded out a convincing 5 1/4-length victory over nine rivals in the $296,000 Robert G. Dick Memorial for fillies and mares at Delaware Park Saturday.
Grade II winner Honey Ryder tops a large field of fillies and mares set for Saturday's $300,000 Robert G. Dick Memorial Breeders' Cup Handicap over the turf at Delaware Park.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation