Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) 2007 winner Kip Deville came out earlier than normal on Saturday at Sha Tin and trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. said his horse was "giving all the signs that he'll run big" in the Dec. 14 Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Mile (HK-I).
Tattersalls has cataloged 2,728 lots for its December mixed sale, which will be held Nov. 24 through Dec. 4 in England. There are 237 yearlings listed for the auction's first day, 1,261 foals spread over five days, and 1,230 lots of breeding stock listed for the sale's final four days.
Trainer Freddie Head landed his third group I win of the season when his 3-year-old filly, Goldikova, held off Darjina by a half-length to capture the Prix Rothschild (Fr-I) at Deauville Aug. 3.
Vision d'Etat remained undefeated with a determined head victory over Famous Name in the Prix du Jockey-Club (Fr-I) at Chantilly June 1.
Favored Natagora dictated the pace and then held off all challengers in spite of tiring in the final furlong to register a half-length victory in the stanjamesuk.com One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) contested at Newmarket May 4.
Dylan Thomas was named Cartier Horse of the Year and top older horse at the 2007 Cartier Racing Awards, presented in the ballroom of the Four Seasons Hotel in London's Mayfair Nov. 14.
Myboycharlie remained undefeated with an emphatic two-length victory in the Darley Prix Morny (Fr-I) at Deauville Aug. 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze