Equine practitioners get up to speed on a variety of topics at their annual convention Dec. 7-11 in Nashville Download Now
After a half-dozen starts without a victory, Nashville hit his winning stride for a repeat in the WFA Classic (NZ-I) Feb. 22 at Otaki.
Third in last year's Windsor Park Plate (NZ-I), Block Partnership's Xanadu took this year's edition in a clear victory over two-time New Zealand Horse of the Year Mufhasa Sept. 21 at Hastings.
Ngai Chun-Hung's former New Zealand classic-placed Historian posted an unlikely win at the group I level Jan. 25 at Trentham when edging Lady Kipling in the Harcourts Thorndon Mile.
Irvin Naylor's Tax Ruling challenged front-running Slip Away before the next to last fence of the $150,000 Calvin Houghland Iroquois Steeplechase (NSA-I) May 8, took the lead before the last, and drew clear to win.
Steeplechase owner Calvin Houghland, who had recently turned 93, died Oct. 27.
Officials with the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association and Keeneland were to hit the road to Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 30 to attempt to cultivate Thoroughbred owners.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- Los Alamitos Concludes First Fall Meet
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby