Velvet Snow, a 4-year-old daughter of Subordination, takes on 10 rivals in the $170,700 Royal North Handicap (Can-III), on the Civic Holiday Monday at Woodbine.
Jockey David Clark and Nashinda, who teamed up to take the six-furlong Whimsical Stakes on April 15 at Woodbine, were unbeatable again, this time in Sunday's $211,900 Hendrie Handicap (Can-III) for older fillies and mares going 6 1/2 furlongs at the Toronto oval.
One for Rose, Sid Attard's million-dollar baby, is back and, according to the veteran trainer's assistant conditioner, Canada's two-time champion older mare still has plenty of fight left in her.
Sam-Son Farm's unbeaten Eye of the Sphynx heads a select field of five for Sunday's $500,000 Labatt Woodbine Oaks, the country's premier race for Canadian-bred 3-year-old fillies.
Hours after hearing that his hot Labatt Woodbine Oaks prospect, Nashinda, would not be entered in Sunday's key 3-year-old filly race, jockey David Clark made up for some of the disappointment by winning his 2,500th career race Friday at Woodbine.
Augustin Stable's Nashinda toyed with her four rivals in the $187,125 My Dear Stakes at Woodbine Saturday, sailing away to a five-length tally in the five-furlong feature.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees