Speciosa won the English One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) for 3-year-old fillies on Sunday by 2 1/2 lengths to give small-time trainer Pam Sly and jockey Michael Fenton their first classic triumphs.
Nannina held off Alexandrova by a short head in the Meon Valley Stud Fillies' Mile (Eng-I) for 2-year-old fillies at Newmarket on Saturday, while Ouija Board's strong showing bodes well for appearance at Belmont in late October.
Six 2-year-old fillies will be bidding for their first group I success when they line up for the Meon Valley Stud Fillies Mile (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Saturday. The favorite is likely to be Nasheej, a daughter of Swain.
The Florida-bred Nasheej earned her first group win Saturday when she captured the Swynford Paddocks Hotel Sweet Solera Stakes (Eng-III) for 2-year-old fillies at Newmarket by a head over Confidential Lady.
Most Popular Stories
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Clearly Now Faces Class Field in Forego
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions