Speciosa won the English One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) for 3-year-old fillies on Sunday by 2 1/2 lengths to give small-time trainer Pam Sly and jockey Michael Fenton their first classic triumphs.
Nannina held off Alexandrova by a short head in the Meon Valley Stud Fillies' Mile (Eng-I) for 2-year-old fillies at Newmarket on Saturday, while Ouija Board's strong showing bodes well for appearance at Belmont in late October.
Six 2-year-old fillies will be bidding for their first group I success when they line up for the Meon Valley Stud Fillies Mile (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Saturday. The favorite is likely to be Nasheej, a daughter of Swain.
The Florida-bred Nasheej earned her first group win Saturday when she captured the Swynford Paddocks Hotel Sweet Solera Stakes (Eng-III) for 2-year-old fillies at Newmarket by a head over Confidential Lady.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief to Undergo Nuclear Scan
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Borel Named to Ride El Kabeir in KY Derby
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 19
- Bejarano to Ride Bolo in Kentucky Derby
- El Kabeir in Sharp Drill for Kentucky Derby
- KY Oaks Hopeful Shook Up Sharp in CD Workout
- Duramente Storms Home in Japanese Guineas
- I'm a Chatterbox Works Toward Kentucky Oaks
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut