Airdrie Stud owner Brereton C. Jones said he paid consulting fees and commissions of at least $130,000 after two Keeneland sales to trainer Bruce Headley, one of six defendants in a lawsuit filed by California winemaker Jess Jackson for fraudulent misrepresentation in the purchase of horses and horse farm property.
Attorneys for California winemaker Jess Jackson, who has sued five former bloodstock advisers and agents and the Buckram Oaks Holdings of the late Mahmoud Fustok for alleged fraud in bloodstock and farm purchases, have amended their complaint with regard to three paragraphs relating to Lexington veterinarian Arnold Pessin.
Helsinki and her weanling daughter by Unbridled's Song packed a huge one-two financial punch as both brought seven-figure prices Wednesday during the third session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Four horses brought $100,000 or more and the average increased 8.5% Monday during the first of four days of selling at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s spring auction.
Stephan de Kwiatkowski and his sister, Arianne, have a message for the Thoroughbred industry: The children of the late Henryk de Kwiatkowski are committed to the future of Calumet Farm.
Champion filly Our Mims was euthanized at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington, Ky. on Dec. 9. The 1977 champion, who was 29 years old, died after suffering a bout of colic and was buried at Calumet Farm near Lexington, Ky.
There are some changes in the works at Calumet Farm, but whether or not the farm's role in Thoroughbred breeding will be affected is still unclear.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online