Airdrie Stud owner Brereton C. Jones said he paid consulting fees and commissions of at least $130,000 after two Keeneland sales to trainer Bruce Headley, one of six defendants in a lawsuit filed by California winemaker Jess Jackson for fraudulent misrepresentation in the purchase of horses and horse farm property.
Attorneys for California winemaker Jess Jackson, who has sued five former bloodstock advisers and agents and the Buckram Oaks Holdings of the late Mahmoud Fustok for alleged fraud in bloodstock and farm purchases, have amended their complaint with regard to three paragraphs relating to Lexington veterinarian Arnold Pessin.
Helsinki and her weanling daughter by Unbridled's Song packed a huge one-two financial punch as both brought seven-figure prices Wednesday during the third session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Four horses brought $100,000 or more and the average increased 8.5% Monday during the first of four days of selling at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s spring auction.
Stephan de Kwiatkowski and his sister, Arianne, have a message for the Thoroughbred industry: The children of the late Henryk de Kwiatkowski are committed to the future of Calumet Farm.
Champion filly Our Mims was euthanized at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington, Ky. on Dec. 9. The 1977 champion, who was 29 years old, died after suffering a bout of colic and was buried at Calumet Farm near Lexington, Ky.
There are some changes in the works at Calumet Farm, but whether or not the farm's role in Thoroughbred breeding will be affected is still unclear.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Suffolk Open to Any Viable Plans for Racing
- Artemis Agrotera Gets Up to Win Gallant Bloom
- Thank You Marylou Coasts Clear in Dogwood
- Moreno, Itsmyluckyday Work for Super Saturday
- Keeneland September Day 12 Sees Declines
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Another Walk in the Parx for Favorite Tale
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby