Hall of Fame jockey Chris McCarron will retire from his full-time teaching duties at the North American Racing Academy at the end of 2014 fall semester.
Jockey Mallory Strandberg won the first race of her career March 22 when she guided Light Of Truth to victory in the first race at Laurel Park in Maryland.
Graduates from the North American Racing Academy will compete in the first Catch a Riding Star challenge race at Turfway Park on Spiral Stakes (gr. III) day March 23.
The first North American school for jockeys established by Hall of Fame rider Chris McCarron is embarking on an expansion plan that could include a national and international presence.
The North American Racing Academy will have a graduation race for its students Sunday, May 17. The race will take place during the 43rd running of the High Hope Steeplechase at The Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington.
Anna Roberts of Franklinton, La. became the fifth graduate of the North American Racing Academy to win a race when she rode King of Mardi Gras to victory at Evangeline Downs April 29.
Michael "Mikey" James became the second North American Racing Academy graduate to enter the winner's circle when he rode Lady Phoenix to a neck victory in Thursday's first race at Turfway Park.
As several of his students hot-walked horses in a barn at the Kentucky Horse Park near Lexington Oct. 16, Hall of Fame jockey Chris McCarron unveiled the North American Racing Academy, the first and only national jockey training academy in the United States.
The North American Racing Academy is looking for a few good racehorses in time for its first classes beginning Sept. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released