Nappelon, dam of 2007 champion Ginger Punch, died May 31 in Central Kentucky.
Ginger Punch, last year's champion older female, has been retired from racing to become a broodmare for breeder/owner Frank Stronach.
Stronach Stables' Ginger Punch proved why she is a champion against an overmatched field Jan. 26 at Gulfstream Park, romping by 6 3/4 lengths in the $500,000 Sunshine Millions Distaff.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks