The Barretts October mixed sale ended its two-day run Tuesday in Southern California with a 10% decline in gross revenue even though the number of horses sold increased significantly.
Nanogram, a 6-year-old daughter of Quiet American, brought $72,000 Monday to top the opening session of the Barretts October mixed sale at Fairplex Park in Southern California. Sheila O'Callaghan purchased the bay mare from Mary Knight, agent.
Laffit Pincay Jr., the world's winningest rider at 55, recorded his second straight riding triple at Hollywood Park on Thursday when guiding favored Adalgisa to victory in the featured $49,882 allowance/claiming event for fillies and mares at one-mile on turf.
For Wildenstein Stable's favored Rolly Polly and jockey Patrick Valenzuela, the last stride of the $114,100 Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Saturday was the best one.
Most Popular Stories
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Judy the Beauty Heads Busy Work Tab for Ward
- Stopchargingmaria Makes 2015 Debut in Madison
- Korean Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in Accident
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Peace and War Returns for Ashland
- Churchill Names New Track Superintendent
- Laurel's Average Handle Rises for Winter Meet
- TOBA March Member of the Month