The 2006 Thoroughbred Breeders' Association (TBA) Awards, of which 12 of the 14 are announced Dec. 7, acknowledge the achievements of a diverse selection of British breeders, both large and small.
Clive Brittain pulled off another big race surprise when his 3-year-old filly, Rajeem, landed the UAE Equestrian and Racing Federation Falmouth Stakes (Eng-I) at odds of 50-1 at Newmarket on Wednesday.
Nannina held off Alexandrova by a short head in the Meon Valley Stud Fillies' Mile (Eng-I) for 2-year-old fillies at Newmarket on Saturday, while Ouija Board's strong showing bodes well for appearance at Belmont in late October.
Six 2-year-old fillies will be bidding for their first group I success when they line up for the Meon Valley Stud Fillies Mile (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Saturday. The favorite is likely to be Nasheej, a daughter of Swain.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Lady Shipman Seeks Graded Win at Woodbine