The 2006 Thoroughbred Breeders' Association (TBA) Awards, of which 12 of the 14 are announced Dec. 7, acknowledge the achievements of a diverse selection of British breeders, both large and small.
Clive Brittain pulled off another big race surprise when his 3-year-old filly, Rajeem, landed the UAE Equestrian and Racing Federation Falmouth Stakes (Eng-I) at odds of 50-1 at Newmarket on Wednesday.
Nannina held off Alexandrova by a short head in the Meon Valley Stud Fillies' Mile (Eng-I) for 2-year-old fillies at Newmarket on Saturday, while Ouija Board's strong showing bodes well for appearance at Belmont in late October.
Six 2-year-old fillies will be bidding for their first group I success when they line up for the Meon Valley Stud Fillies Mile (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Saturday. The favorite is likely to be Nasheej, a daughter of Swain.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options