The 2006 Thoroughbred Breeders' Association (TBA) Awards, of which 12 of the 14 are announced Dec. 7, acknowledge the achievements of a diverse selection of British breeders, both large and small.
Clive Brittain pulled off another big race surprise when his 3-year-old filly, Rajeem, landed the UAE Equestrian and Racing Federation Falmouth Stakes (Eng-I) at odds of 50-1 at Newmarket on Wednesday.
Nannina held off Alexandrova by a short head in the Meon Valley Stud Fillies' Mile (Eng-I) for 2-year-old fillies at Newmarket on Saturday, while Ouija Board's strong showing bodes well for appearance at Belmont in late October.
Six 2-year-old fillies will be bidding for their first group I success when they line up for the Meon Valley Stud Fillies Mile (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Saturday. The favorite is likely to be Nasheej, a daughter of Swain.
Most Popular Stories
- Milestone 5,000th Win for Jockey Bravo
- American Pharoah Gallops Again at Churchill
- Texas Air Seeks Upset in Lone Star 'Cap
- Undefeated Promise Me Silver Aiming for Acorn
- Why I Want a Triple Crown Winner
- Frammento 'Developing Nicely' for Belmont
- Southern Honey Seeks Repeat in Winning Colors
- Xtra Luck Goes Distance for Louisville Win
- Firing Line Returns to Track at Santa Anita
- Trujillo to Move Tack to Monmouth Park