The 2006 Thoroughbred Breeders' Association (TBA) Awards, of which 12 of the 14 are announced Dec. 7, acknowledge the achievements of a diverse selection of British breeders, both large and small.
Clive Brittain pulled off another big race surprise when his 3-year-old filly, Rajeem, landed the UAE Equestrian and Racing Federation Falmouth Stakes (Eng-I) at odds of 50-1 at Newmarket on Wednesday.
Nannina held off Alexandrova by a short head in the Meon Valley Stud Fillies' Mile (Eng-I) for 2-year-old fillies at Newmarket on Saturday, while Ouija Board's strong showing bodes well for appearance at Belmont in late October.
Six 2-year-old fillies will be bidding for their first group I success when they line up for the Meon Valley Stud Fillies Mile (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Saturday. The favorite is likely to be Nasheej, a daughter of Swain.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Paladin Bay Seeks to Tame Bison City Stakes
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning
- Arizona's Global Symposium Registration Open