A half sister to Havre de Grace sold for $1.7 million late in the fourth session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 12 in Lexington. Alex Solis, agent, signed the ticket for the Tiznow filly.
Havre de Grace, 2011's Horse of the Year, is "doing terrific" in retirement, according to her owner, Rick Porter, and he's planning to send her to a November mixed sale in Kentucky.
Rick Porter of Fox Hill Farms said in a telephone interview the afternoon of April 23 he would entertain private offers for 2011 Horse of the Year Havre de Grace.
Fox Hill Farm's Havre de Grace zipped five furlongs in :59 4/5 at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots Feb. 20 as the reigning Horse of the Year continued to work toward her 2012 debut.
Havre de Grace went through her final exercise regimen for the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) on the morning of Oct. 31, breezing five furlongs in 1:02, 13th fastest work of the day among 30 working the distance.
Nancy Dillman of Stonegate Farm discusses her good fortune to breed grade I winner Havre de Grace and that runner's half brother, which brought $1.2 million at the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling sale read blog
Nancy Dillman bred Havre de Grace, and her $1.2 million yearling half brother. read blog
A Bernardini colt brings $1.2 million as the select yearling auction's average rises 15.9% and the median grows 4.2%.
Havre de Grace had no problem downing her bitter rival Blind Luck, as she took over approaching the quarter-pole and streaked home a 3 1/4-length winner in the $150,000 Azeri Stakes (gr. III) March 19 at Oaklawn Park
Most Popular Stories
- Massachusetts Sire Dr. Rockett Gets First Win
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Jockey David Mello Registers 1,000th Win
- F-T Kentucky: Hip 154 Cowboy Cal--Refugee
- F-T July: 'Chrome' Asst. Trainer Alan Sherman
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift