When it came time to do the right thing by the bay gelding, there was no hesitation. P. Kerney would be retired with dignity and live the rest of his life like a former racehorse should: as a retrained Thoroughbred with a useful second career.
Bartok, sire of multiple stakes winners Bartok's Blithe and Euro Empire, has been relocated to Tom and Nancy Clark's Rancho San Miguel near San Miguel, Calif.
Nancy Clark and Fred Heyman's favored Crossing Point, pressed into running a swift early pace, weathered the storm and outlasted 9-year-old Say Florida Sandy near the wire to win Saturday's $80,550 Paumonok Handicap for three-year-olds and up at six furlongs on Aqueduct's inner dirt track by a half-length.
Former claimer Crossing Point takes a big step up while seeking his fifth strike victory in Thursday's Thanksgiving Day $100,000-added Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III) at six furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt
- Court Gives FL Breeders Right to Challenge Awards Plan
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'