When it came time to do the right thing by the bay gelding, there was no hesitation. P. Kerney would be retired with dignity and live the rest of his life like a former racehorse should: as a retrained Thoroughbred with a useful second career.
Bartok, sire of multiple stakes winners Bartok's Blithe and Euro Empire, has been relocated to Tom and Nancy Clark's Rancho San Miguel near San Miguel, Calif.
Nancy Clark and Fred Heyman's favored Crossing Point, pressed into running a swift early pace, weathered the storm and outlasted 9-year-old Say Florida Sandy near the wire to win Saturday's $80,550 Paumonok Handicap for three-year-olds and up at six furlongs on Aqueduct's inner dirt track by a half-length.
Former claimer Crossing Point takes a big step up while seeking his fifth strike victory in Thursday's Thanksgiving Day $100,000-added Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III) at six furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner