When it came time to do the right thing by the bay gelding, there was no hesitation. P. Kerney would be retired with dignity and live the rest of his life like a former racehorse should: as a retrained Thoroughbred with a useful second career.
Bartok, sire of multiple stakes winners Bartok's Blithe and Euro Empire, has been relocated to Tom and Nancy Clark's Rancho San Miguel near San Miguel, Calif.
Nancy Clark and Fred Heyman's favored Crossing Point, pressed into running a swift early pace, weathered the storm and outlasted 9-year-old Say Florida Sandy near the wire to win Saturday's $80,550 Paumonok Handicap for three-year-olds and up at six furlongs on Aqueduct's inner dirt track by a half-length.
Former claimer Crossing Point takes a big step up while seeking his fifth strike victory in Thursday's Thanksgiving Day $100,000-added Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III) at six furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- NY to Consider Rule on Decoupled Entries
- Bill Cooke & Calumet Farm's Trophy Collection
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- Champ Calgary Cat Up Late in Jacques Cartier
- Social Inclusion Second in 2015 Debut
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill