Nearly 30 years ago, Michael Nance got his start in Thoroughbred racing cutting the grass at the Busler Training Center in Evansville, Ind. He recently saddled the 1,000th winner as a trainer.
Lawanda earned her second stakes win of the meet Saturday at Portland Meadows when she flattened five others in the $10,000 Oregon Oaks.
In spite of being left at the gate, M.Y. Stables' outsider Knowwhatimean wound his way through a 12-horse field for jockey Seth Martinez to win the $114,050 Lightning Jet Handicap, one of six feature races for Illinois breds at Hawthorne Saturday.
Oregon stallion Cascadian came through with his first winner Nov. 13 when his son Cascadiansasquatch won the Bill Wineberg Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Medea Seeks to Double Up in Matchmaker Stakes
- Flashy American Wheels Back for Shuvee 'Cap
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Keeneland Begins Installation of Dirt Surface
- Enhanced Security for Whitney, Travers Horses