Part three of the Tattersalls October yearling sale ended Oct. 20 with a session lasting less than two hours that featured a top price of only 15,000 guineas and a clearance rate of 39%.
Thursday's business at the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale (Part Two) turned over 1,185,300 guineas at an average of 11,077gns and a 7,000gns median, on a healthy day's trading that saw three lots exceed the previous record price of 47,000gns set 12 months ago by a Mind Games gelding.
Namid pushed past Superstar Leo and into the lead with just over a furlong to run to win the Prix de l'Abbaye de Longchamp-Majestic Barriere (Fr-I) by 1 1/2 lengths Sunday at Longchamp. The 4-year-old colt completed the five furlongs in :55.10 over good turf. Superstar Leo, a 2-year-old filly owned by Lael Stable, finished second.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory