Lord Kanaloa stormed to a course record-setting victory at Nakayama Racecourse on Sept. 30, taking the Sprinters Stakes (Jpn-I) by three-quarters of a length from defending winner and stablemate Curren Chan.
Gold Ship won the Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese Two Thousand Guineas April 15 at Nakayama Racecourse, a year after the Great East Japan Earthquake forced the race to be moved to Tokyo.
Favored Alfredo ran his unbeaten streak to three with a two-length victory in the $1.7 million Asahi Hai Futurity Stakes (Jpn-I) at Nakayama Racecourse Dec. 18.
Earthquake damage to Nakayama Racecourse has forced the rescheduling and relocation of Japan's first classic race, the Japanese 2000 Guineas (Jpn-I) to Tokyo Racecourse. The race will be run April 24 instead of April 17.
Victoire Pisa, a son of Neo Universe, posted his fourth graded stakes triumph when he took the lead at the top of the stretch and held off all challengers to win the (US$4.2 million) Arima Kinen (Jpn-I).
Racing and breeding news and information.
Kazuko Nakamura's Daitaku Yamato upset 11-10 favorite Agnes World Sunday at Nakayama Racecourse, winning the Sprinters' Stakes (JPN-I) by 1 1/4 lengths Sunday. The 6-year-old son of Daitaku Helios completed the six furlongs in 1:08 3/5.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair
- Unbeaten Dame Dorothy Can Cap Year in Comely
- Sageburg Will Stand in Ireland in 2015