If there was any doubt that South Africa's Victory Moon was the real thing then he dispelled all such thoughts when winning the Maktoum Challenge Round 3 (UAE-II) over the ten-furlong course.
Twelve 3-year-old colts were entered Thursday morning for the 223rd Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) which will be run June 8. The only defection from the five-day confirmations is Dubai Destination, owned by Godolphin and trained by Saeed bin Suroor, the team which is still represented by two runners: Naheef and Moon Ballad.
Naheef, a recent winner of a Godolphin private trial race, was among nine horses added to the Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) at the second entry stage. In other Derby news, Sir Michael Stoute-trained Right Approach may make his 3-year-old debut April 27 at Sandown Park in the cantorindex.com Classic Trial.
Most Popular Stories
- Pick of the Litter Shows Best in Fayette Win
- California Chrome Digs In for Final BC Breeze
- Raven Run Winner Taris to F-T November
- Salutos Amigos Best in 'Ruler, Eyes BC Sprint
- Romans: Prayer for Relief's Work 'Super'
- Breeders' Cup Modifies Convicted Trainer Rule
- Elm Park Cruises to Easy Racing Post Tally
- BC 2014: California Chrome Bath Oct 25
- Adelaide Strikes From Last to Win Cox Plate
- Busy Day of Breeders' Cup Works Oct. 25