Defending champion Choc Ice and last year's runner-up Volga will renew their rivalry Sunday at Woodbine in the $750,000 E.P. Taylor Stakes (gr. IT).
Daniel Wildenstein's Aquarelliste maintained her unblemished career record Sunday at Chantilly, utilizing a wide rally to win the Prix de Diane Hermes--French Oaks (Fr-I) by 1 1/2 lengths over Nadia.
On turf rated good at Longchamp Sunday, lightly raced Nadia won the Prix Saint-Alary (Fr-I) by a head over Mare Nostrum. The winner completed the 1 1/4-mile French Oaks prep in 2:08 3/5.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Hong Kong Stars to Battle on Sunday at Sha Tin
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Look Back: Master Derby Wins Louisiana Derby
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint