Review the races from Delta Downs including the $1 Million Delta Jackpot. view slideshow
With three Derby preps and the World Cup, this weekend offers plenty of action. Read Blog
There are several under-the-radar horses who could run big in this weekend's 3-year-old stakes
Jason, Tom and Les handicap the Louisiana Derby, Spiral Stakes and Bourbonette Oaks. Watch Video
Risen Star Stakes (gr. II) winner Mucho Macho Man has been installed as the 9-5 favorite for the $1 million Louisiana Derby (gr. II) at Fair Grounds March 26.
Mucho Macho Man breezed an easy five furlongs in 1:02 3/5 for trainer Kathy Ritvo and is the likely favorite in the $1 million Louisiana Derby (gr. II) on March. 26.
Favored Arch Traveler won a key Gulfstream Park allowance race for 3-year-olds on the Fountain of Youth (gr. II) undercard Feb. 26, defeating second choice Nacho Business by three-quarters of a length.
Lesser-known horses can take their first major steps towards Derby contention with a goood showing at Gulfstream Saturday.
It would be no surprise to see a couple of horses coming out of a Feb. 26 allowance race at Gulfstream to wind up in the Florida Derby (gr. I) next month.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds