The 2014 Canterbury Park live racing season, the 20th since the Minnesota track reopened in 1995, begins Friday, May 16, at 6:30 p.m. CDT, in Shakopee.
Canterbury Park has received approval from the Minnesota Racing Commission for a 69-day Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse in 2014, from May 16 through Sept. 13.
An unusual deal between Canterbury Park and the Shakopee Mdewakanton Tribal Community has quickly led to increased interest in Thoroughbred breeding and racing in Minnesota.
Canterbury Park reported a 25% increase in wagering and record average daily attendance during the 62-day meet that concluded Sept. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win
- ARCI Announces Poll Results on Medication
- Global Symposium Explores Racing's Identity
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.