The Breeders' Cup has announced that for the second year in a row, it will conduct an online mystery voucher promotion in conjunction with the World Championships at Santa Anita Park.
In another blow for the New York Racing Association, state regulators have fined NYRA $10,000 for launching a marketing program before getting state government approval.
After mailing out 180,000 vouchers to its fans, the New York Racing Association has scuttled its marketing tool known as the "mystery voucher'' program after state regulators ordered new safeguards implemented in the program.
No one will collect the big prize in the National Thoroughbred Racing Association $1 million mystery voucher promotion this year. The winner was from the Oaklawn Park mailing list, but apparently wasn't among the crowd of 61,752 at the Hot Springs, Ark. track Saturday afternoon.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes