The Breeders' Cup has announced that for the second year in a row, it will conduct an online mystery voucher promotion in conjunction with the World Championships at Santa Anita Park.
In another blow for the New York Racing Association, state regulators have fined NYRA $10,000 for launching a marketing program before getting state government approval.
After mailing out 180,000 vouchers to its fans, the New York Racing Association has scuttled its marketing tool known as the "mystery voucher'' program after state regulators ordered new safeguards implemented in the program.
No one will collect the big prize in the National Thoroughbred Racing Association $1 million mystery voucher promotion this year. The winner was from the Oaklawn Park mailing list, but apparently wasn't among the crowd of 61,752 at the Hot Springs, Ark. track Saturday afternoon.
Most Popular Stories
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- Most Inspiring First Winner for Gio Ponti
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Loooch Racing on the Lookout for Top Horses
- Smart Transition Powers Home in Curlin
- Uncertainty as Delaware Drops Pletcher Case
- CHRB Rejects Proposed Decision on Valenzuela
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight