The Breeders' Cup has announced that for the second year in a row, it will conduct an online mystery voucher promotion in conjunction with the World Championships at Santa Anita Park.
In another blow for the New York Racing Association, state regulators have fined NYRA $10,000 for launching a marketing program before getting state government approval.
After mailing out 180,000 vouchers to its fans, the New York Racing Association has scuttled its marketing tool known as the "mystery voucher'' program after state regulators ordered new safeguards implemented in the program.
No one will collect the big prize in the National Thoroughbred Racing Association $1 million mystery voucher promotion this year. The winner was from the Oaklawn Park mailing list, but apparently wasn't among the crowd of 61,752 at the Hot Springs, Ark. track Saturday afternoon.
Most Popular Stories
- First Reported Foal for Rattlesnake Bridge
- Through the Lens: Wise Dan Photo Gets Award
- Australian Vets Support New Racing Rule on Cobalt
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Subjective vs. Objective Lameness Identification Methods
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A