Battle of Hastings ended a 10-race drought when he found clear sailing on the outside through the stretch to win the $111,200 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) over a firm Churchill Downs turf course Nov. 4.
Battle of Hastings took advantage of a gaping hole along the inside to gain the lead and then held off an unlucky Straight Story for a head victory in the $500,000 Colonial Turf Cup (gr. IIT) June 20 in Virginia.
British-bred Battle of Hastings scorched his competition in Santa Anita's $100,000 La Puente Stakes on April 11 when he rallied for a 1 1/2-length victory over Smokey Lonesome.
Battle of Hastings, an English-bred import making his second North American start for trainer Jeff Mullins, overhauled favored Flashmans Papers inside the final furlong en route to a 7-1 surprise in the $100,000 Baldwin Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Santa Anita hillside turf course March 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Tack-Walking in Florida
- Keeneland's Quarter Horse License Slowed
- Private Zone to Florida for Rehabilitation
- KHRC Approves Turfway for Historical Racing
- Hanky Panky Tops Tattersalls at 2.7M Guineas
- Upcoming Open Houses, Stallion Shows
- Robert Beck to Step Down as KHRC Chairman
- The Bid: Sustained Greatness
- Registration Deadline Approaches
- Racing Charities to Support on Giving Tuesday